BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Things Just Aren't As Good...

Things just aren't as good as they use to be. Either they don't work as well, or they simply don't work at all.  If you don't believe me, here are some examples.

Case in point #1: Deoderant.
Ok, seriously. The other day I was at the gym. Now, I specifically recall putting on deoderant. However, after about an hour...I smelled something pretty dang bad. I looked around for the offending person...and then realized that nobody else was around. Yep. It was me...and I was offended that I had paid money to a deoderant company that made sure that the wrapping was pretty, but the product made me smell like a hot onion.

Point #2: Make-up.
I try everything. Every maker, every brand. Especially the ones that promise to "stay put." Well, I don't know about you, but after thirty minutes in the sun...my freshly-made face slides to my neck. Worth the money? Not for my face, but I have to say that my neck looks LOVELY!

Point #3: Sanity.
Now they don't sell this at a store, but they really ought to. Some sort of a refill that comes in a pretty jar. Why is this one added? It's simple. My "sanity button" doesn't work the way it used to. Call it children, call it being a taxi, call it cleaning up cat barf all over the stairs. Call it what you want. But it doesn't work. And when I'm fresh out of sanity....the closest thing I can get to a refill is chocolate. Now to answer my son's question: "Mom? Why do you have 12 candy bars hidden at the top of the cabinet?" Well the answer is simple: "It's my sanity refill. But they aren't working as well as they used to."

Point #4: Children.
Growing up, I did what the heck I was told (until I was a teenager, and then all bets were off...). If my dad made a list of chores, they were done; perfectly. If groceries were to be brought in, we went outside to meet my mom so that we could help her. Nowadays? If you tell your kids to do the dishes, that's all that's getting done. Not the pots, pans, counters. No. JUST the dishes. If you tell your kids to clean out the cat litter, that is exactly what is getting cleaned. Does new litter get put back into the cat potty? No. Why? Because you did not specifically TELL them to do so. Not sure about you, but some days I'd like to return my children and get a refund.

In the end, some things you can return, and others are yours forever (gratefully).  As for me, I'm thinking about going to the gym, getting disgustingly stinky, and then going to the deoderant company and share with them what they made me share with others.

If there are any other products that don't work the way they should, comment below. I'd LOVE to hear your ideas.

4 comments:

Oyster said...

I can so relate! I have a stash of sanity chocolate hidden too. It doesn't work as well as it used to for me either. ;P ...My kids sound like your kids! UG! I even wrote a detailed descriptive list, of every chore I could think of, so that they would know what it means to "do the dishes." No luck. They refuse to read it. What really irritated me was that I had to buy $50 ink for my $69 printer and then it didn't even work! The damn thing is broken! Seriously!!

Oyster said...

Btw,I'm not "Oyster." I'm Ruthy Pearl. I think Oyster is Tim. idk how to work this blog comment crap.

Lizzie C. said...

I don't even mess with a candy bar, I just go straight for the chocolate chips.

Kathy said...

Yep!! I agree. You have to spell things out for kids letter by letter so they do things right. No extra incentive on their part. I also tell my kids that I really didn't yell before I had kids.