BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Bully

Since when has bullying become an art form? I swear these kids are becoming vicious at a very early age. It may seem this way to me because I have a daughter, but girls are so much worse than boys these days. From name calling, to backpack throwing, to not allowing one friend to be friends with another, this crap starts EARLY. Like Kindergarten early. I was not prepared for this. There's no handbook, map, or guide that can direct a mother through this garbage. Now, I consider myself to be patient (now), but it is wearing thin to the point that I am going to wind up in jail in about 4 more days. I try to teach my daughter to be kind, considerate, and loving. However, the mean girls at school are teaching her that by bullying other kids, you are guaranteed to be popular. So what's a mom to do? This is what I'm doing. I talk to her, explain to her that being popular isn't the greatest thing, but that having one great friend is the best gift in life. I hug her, then emphasize to be kind, but to never take somebody's unkind words as the truth. I tell her to stand up for herself, but to never degrade herself in the process. But the number one thing I tell her is this: NEVER let anyone change who you are as a person, because anyone that treats you badly isn't worth your time or energy. And then...when I am done with my motherly rant, I hunt the little badly behaved chick down and scare the crap out of her. Just kidding....maybe....

0 comments: